Friday, April 8, 2011

my own brand

This is some of my pieces. 

 "siempre viva"                                                                                                                                                       I wanted to capture the idea of a thought, I wanted to make it serious and not loud.  I wanted this piece to be special because I knew it was for my boyfriends Father.  I wanted it to be modern, chic, manly and clean.  I wanted to incorporate colors that were "pretty" for a man.  I incorporated the acrylic and metallic gold piece on canvas.


                             "Our Q B"                                                                                                                                          My 1st insect, I wanted to do this for two reasons, one, my boyfriends brother and his family became bee keepers.  They are so amazing and I wanted to give them a special something.   2, bees are the only insect that I am really scared of.  I never been stung and I don't want to be.  I think they are amazing and this acrylic & ink on canvas piece makes me happy, I incorporated a giant amber crystal to make it a bit fabulous.

                                          " Om "       Needless to say,  I was very young when I did this.  One of my first giant pieces.  This took many hours.   Charcoal piece.  Fixed and amazing.  This piece is now 13 yrs old, and its owned by an Armenian hottie in Glendale somewhere.  I am seeing how my root from the "Frozen" video came into play on this creation.



                              " Orca the Killer Whale"    So Ryan and I are obsessed w/ Killer Whales... or any whales really.  So.. one time.. it was Ryan's bday and I didn't prep myself.. so I whipped this one in 2 hours.. :)
It's the actual cover of the VHS box.  This was Ryan's favorite movie when he was little.  So I had to make it for him.   I love the blood dripping down... I think its ferocious.  Happy Bday Bangel Face.


                                    "Alien Lady"   So I went to this lady's house once in the middle of SW Portland and she had this painting hanging on her wall.. hers was kinda sad.  So one day I found this piece of wood that was screaming at me to bring it home.  I did.  Then I went to town and I came up w/her.  My version of that lady's sad painting.  Mine is much more colorful and more alien like.  Acrylic on wood.



                                   "Cock-luck Geisha"
This was a prize,  on New Years 2011, we held a "cock-luck" party. This is where instead of bringing a pot (as in Pot Luck)  you bring a Cocktail!   You get to name it and mix anything you think sounds incredible.  We compete and take votes.   ON this party my friend Amanda won.  So the prize was a painting by yours truly.   Amanda wanted "Alien Lady" but Ryan said that wasn't possible as he had claim ownership of "Alien Lady".   So I decided to make another Geisha that I saw at the local shop in  Chinatown... I know.. Geisha.. Japanese.. go figure.  Anyway.. I have yet to ship this to Amanda.  Still hangs on my living room wall. I just love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment