Saturday, April 23, 2011

Hussein for Kate


It seems like Hussein Chalayan is becoming one of my top fashion designers now. After Lee's death and John's sad ending the world of fashion according to me seemed a little empty. I however forgot that since I was little kid Mr. Chalayan was always present wowing me often. How could I have forgotten about him?? I am very excited as I found out about a new book which focuses on the designs of the coolest man and the most experimental, technologically-advanced and original fashion labels in the world.
He's based in London (of course)he made Lady Gaga's famous "egg vessell", had balloons lift clothes magically while being worn, created magical textures made out of light and video, gave clothing a sense of fright, mailed clothing in small envelopes, of course his futuristic aesthetic puts him in a category of his own. The man has worked with lasers, digital technology, remote control, holograms, LED, genetics and of course always giving us Glamour to the t. I think he should have designed Kate Middleton's dress! That would be rad!

The book, "The World of Hussein Chalayan" is to be published by Rizzoli in July, it will have about 250 color awesome photos, it will give a full spectrum of this fashions from way back to present, including art projects, hand drawings, video projects and even writings. It also give us some insight on his roots from his childhood in Turkey to his schooling in London. He actually went to school with Alexander McQueen himself.

I love the fact that he can make clothes morph in front of your very eyes. When Ryan and I saw Lady Gaga last Summer, she wore a dress made by Mr.Chalayan that moved and it seemed like it could breath as if it were alive. I love that!

No comments:

Post a Comment